Many brethren of the GLNF are wondering about the form it will adopt when re-founded, once the present set up has been discarded.
Suggestions that have been made include the following, but let it be clear; they are only suggestions, which will need to be put to thorough debate in a properly elected assembly.
- Will have to be re-founded as legal entities under the appropriate French Law of 1901, assuming their own responsibilities for accountancy, and elections etc.
- Continue to affirm their fidelity to the G.L.N.F, the rule of 12 (a French version of the landmarks) and create a form of internal functioning based on a new model.
- Rites alone will be acknowledged as spiritually authoritative.
- The currently practised “Rite of Grand Lodge” will be replaced by the old practice of having Grand Lodge opened and closed in the workings of the various Rites, each in turn.
- G.L hierarchy will re-adopt simplicity, G.L. regalia to be worn by active officers only.
- G.L. officers shall appear as such in Lodge only if « on duty » as such and prefer a simple master’s apron at all times.
- Honours with their “pecking orders” will cease.
- Warrants will be modified to acknowledge the GL at international level and the Rite as spiritual reference.
- Lodge delegates will be in a majority throughout the structures of the Jurisdiction
- Creation of new lodges will be put to the question of numbers in existing lodges and/or subject to sponsorship by an existing lodge.